Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Procrastination


When it comes to procrastination I may be the best. 
In fact I would have gone to the Olympics I'm so good at it. Unfortunately its a bad habit 
(or so they tell me) and I'm trying to break it and work harder at getting things one on time, or at all. 
So I've put together some tips on avoiding being the fantastic procrastinator that I am. 

1. Make a list. 


Make an honest list that categorizes your needs. 
Make sure to put some easy ones down to, 
this will help give positive reinforcement to your new habit! 
Get creative with your list, pick something that you want to do for the week such as, smile at a strange, say hi to the guy at the store, tell my family how much I love them , buy a spontaneous gift for my best friend. These will give you something to look forward to, after you've done all the mundane tasks. 



2. Reward Yourself
When you've made it through your list reward yourself. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive just something special, Paint your nails, do your hair, buy a new book, spend a girls night with a friend, go out, try something new. The list is endless and making it to the end of yours deserves something special. Just don't reward yourself prematurely. Make sure you honestly worked for your prize, it makes it even better when you truly earn it. 


3. Share with a Friend

Chances are your friends are struggling too.
 Ask them to keep you accountable and you will do the same for them. Team work will help a lot. 



4. It's okay to say no sometimes

It's a busy time in your life sometimes, it's okay to say no or ask for a rain check. As harsh as it sounds you don't always get to do things. Learning that now will save a lot of time and energy. Rescheduling might be better. Also it might remind your friends that they need to get the important stuff done first. 



By -J 
What are some ways you deal with procrastination? 

No comments:

Post a Comment