Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Camping Trip 2015

Through a series of events it came about that 
my brother and I were going camping in Fort De Soto area. 

I was excited not only because it was my first road trip 
where I would be driving but 
because it was the Gulf of Mexico and 
it was at a beach and I love the beach. 
And I've always wanted to see the sunset on the
West Coast of FL. 
(I saw it in CA and it was amazing!)
Anyway we planned on camping and just exploring
beaches and the city and relaxing. 

We made a reservation to do a ferry ride to an 
island with "white sandy beaches 
and clear water perfect for snorkeling"
I was pumped. 
The forecast showed rain, but this is 
Florida and rain comes and go 
so I was prepared. 

It poured 24/7
and the wind practically blew us away. 
It was a mess. 
Also the wonderful ferry to the island I was 
looking forward to was canceled and they took us 
to another island that was a mess and we stayed for 
3 hours and it was windy and cloudy. 
The water was warm which was good because 
I was going in no matter what. 
Here are some pictures of the interesting and 
full of adventure trip. 

Off we go!

On the island. 

The beach was less "sandy white beaches"
and more sea oats and bushes 
with sand spurs. 

The ocean was very rough and stormy
we were lucky to have a few hours with no rain. 



Me with the Gulf!



Fort De Soto. 


The top of the fort 
one second cloudy the next pouring rain. 


We were a little gloomy 
so we found Panera and Wifi :)

The sundial in downtown St.Pete

We found the Ln but not the Sunshine :) 

Lots of beautiful building downtown.

The fountain of youth 
(Supposedly)

Salvador Dali Museum
This building is so cool! 

Completely soaked but still walking. 


The record for the fastest
 10 mile run was set in St.Pete.

The bay all rainy.

The Sunshine Skyway Bridge
which is very scary!
And I accidentally drove over it,
Siri gave us the wrong directions.


Egmont Key


The Pier in Fort De Soto 


This part of the fort was built a little to 
close to the water and it fell awhile ago. 
These are the ruins. 

It was rainy but it was fun over all.

By - J

No comments:

Post a Comment