Thursday, February 5, 2015

Galentines Day

Thank You Amy Poehler!
Thanks to the fantastic show Parks and Recreation we have this wonderful holiday called 
Galentines Day!
In the show nutty but lovable Leslie Knope ( Amy Poehler) invented a holiday to celebrate the girlfriends in her life. February 14th may be for romantic love but February 13th is a day for your gals. Gather the ladies cause its a day to celebrate. 
It really should be celebrated nationally but I know for a fact fans of the show celebrate this special day all over. 

I have 5 sisters and 5 nieces and some good friends that will be getting a gift from me. 
I really wanted to plan a party but unfortunately its been crazy. 
Last year, my first Galentines I simply put together some flower arrangements for my Gals but this year I wanted to do something extra special. 
(Can you tell I'm single?) 
For my very best friend I bought Amy Poehler's new book available on Amazon. 
I'm still looking for my favorite sister 
(shh don't tell the other ones I have a favorite)
And for my other older sisters and nieces
 I'm going to do a gift basket. 
Sparkling Grape Juice with Raspberries 
Bubble bath or Bath Bombs 
Balloons (you can't have a party without balloons)
Cookies
Chocolate
Candy
Flowers
and a handmade card. 
In the words of Nick Offerman "If you love someone make them a card"

I haven't decided how I'm going to wrap it all or if I'm putting it in a basket. 
I'll post pictures when they are ready in the mean time check out my Pinterest board t get ideas. Its not too late to have a party!
By -J
Have you ever heard of Galentines Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment