Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Post 4th of July

Well my plans for the 4th 
were simple. 
Beach with family. 
If I had time to do some 
baking or decorating it would be fun. 

I made some chocolate dipped Oreo pops
that turned into chocolate swirled Oreo pops, 
because the sticks were to wide for the Oreo
and the chocolate didn't melt fully. 
I had great reviews though. 
Compare below 

See, they were terrible!
But tasted delicious. 
Then we made some 4th of July shirts. 


I somehow managed to not take a 
picture of mine. 
So I'll tell you. 
I had USA in white block letters
on the front.
And behind it I had blue strips horizontally 
on the left hand upper corner, like the flag 
and red strips on the rest of the front, like the flag.
It was adorable. 

Anyway I also tried to make these firecracker cookies,

Sugar cookies with icing and Pop Rocks. 
Well the cookies came out lumpy and not 
circular, and not picture perfect. 
But they were gone before I could snap 
a picture so I guess that is a good sign. 
All in all it was a great day, 
possible my favorite holiday. 
I am still on vacation enjoying the beach
so I will catch up with you later. 

Best Wishes, 
By -J






No comments:

Post a Comment