Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day Dreaming

I found myself day dreaming 
or possible actually dreaming considering 
it was close to 11pm. 
But my mind decided to take me for a 
stroll through maybes. 

I am very imaginative, 
inside my head. 
And I enjoy keeping it there because 
if I share people get to read it and 
criticize it and realize I'm rather strange. 

Anyway it followed along the lines of 
the future and being married and 
having a family and such. 
The things that a lot of people think about. 
Well I went through a phase where I didn't 
really want kids and could see myself working, 
living in a great house and vacationing to really cool places. 
But this dream or fantasy seemed so 
possible and happy, that I thought, 
"I could do that. Have a family and a house."

Which freaked me out a little. 
I can't even think of dating. 
Literally the thought freaks me out. 
Mostly because my parents raised me thinking 
that you didn't need to date until you 
were ready to get married. 
And I am not ready. 
But I am at an age to start thinking about it. 
Circling back to the freaking out. 

I guess the struggle is in seeing multiple options for
your future and liking them all. 
Maybe that is a way to prepare yourself, 
not settling on one thing can save you from 
disappointment or regret. 

But I'm not over thinking it because the 
night before this day dream, 
I had an actual dream 
and I was taking care of a baby, 
but it wouldn't stop pooping. 
Like all over, constantly. 
Eventually I just held it over the toilet. 
I also informed the parents something 
was wrong with their child. 

And the night I had the wonderful day dream
I didn't fall asleep until 3am and 
then I dreamed a bunch of people dressed as 
superheros came and started attacking my neighborhood. 

So my options in the future are:
Constantly pooping baby,
Wonderful marriage and family,
Crazy psychopaths that I have to fight. 

And I guess this brings us back to the dream post 
from a couple weeks ago. 

The point of this?
Does there always have to be a point?

I do have a riddle though

What do you peel the outside, 
cook the inside, 
eat the outside, 
and throw away the inside?

By -J



No comments:

Post a Comment