Friday, October 23, 2015

DIY Origami Chandelier

Lets discuss my favorite website...
Pinterest.

I'm a big fan, 
for the crafts, humor, travel, clothes, 
gifts, technology, and more. 
It is the best of the internet in one app.

And also a space eater 
not heater, eater.
It takes up like 3gb on my phone. 

But back to pinterest, 
I found this awhile ago and put 
it on my to-do list. 
Really pretty right?
Well if you notice it has instructions 
on how to fold origami butterflies
but the chandeliers have butterflies
 that were punched out.
Hence my problem.

I entered an origami chandelier into 
the county fair, yet I bought a $17 butterfly punch. 
Yeah not really smart thinking. 
So I returned the punch and bought 
origami paper instead. 

Here is a video tutorial on
 how to fold the butterflies.
Butterfly Origami tutorial


Hot glue has become my best friend. 
So I used some tulle to cover an embroidery hoop,
and used some string, 
hot glued my butterflies on
and that was it!
Here is the end product, 
not the best picture but its been a long week 
and my weekend is packed so....


Best Wishes 
By -J 

More fair crafts and decorating coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment