Monday, October 26, 2015

Opinions: Fundraising Hagglers

Let's try something different. Mostly the look of the blog, but it is kinda confusing to me. 
Anyway, it is Monday which means another totally biased opinion on something. 

Today it is fundraising Hagglers. I am cool with fundraising, encourage it when a group is trying to achieve a goal. My church youth group where I teach is raising money for Operation Christmas Child. I've talked about it before, we pack shoeboxes full of items, toys, clothes, hygienic stuff and more. So to raise the money we have held events all summer. Our last one was a yard sale this past weekend. I was literally selling bedding sets for $0.50 (I can't find the cents icon). Just about everything was 50 cents. But I had a few items labeled for more, a kids toddler bike for $3. This lady comes up to me and tells me she is buying it for a kid who's house burned down etc. And all I could think was "you want to haggle over $3 for charity. For children who live in impoverished nations, who don't have food or parents sometimes. And you want to haggle over $3?" yeah I sold it for $1.50. But it really bugged me that some people see only what is in front of them. 
I had another lady who was shopping for people in Jamaica and how she collects stuff for them and they just need so much.... So I gave her half off too. But they still don't see that I'm in the same shoes as them. I'm trying to raise money for a good cause. Give me a break!

Argh. So that is my opinion. 

Best Wishes
By -J 

No comments:

Post a Comment