Wednesday, March 18, 2015

HashNO or HashYES? Can I use that Hashtag?

I admit we live in a very online social networking world. 
I'm currently holding a contest on a fan account on IG 
so I understand. 
But I also understand that sometimes people get sucked into the 
latest "fad" and don't realize they sound ridiculous.

I came across the hashtag #widn on my March 
blogger life photo challenge. 
I had to google what it meant. Which reminded me of all the strange things
we use for hashtags. 
So I made a list, which if you haven't noticed or never read any 
of my previous posts is one of my favorite things to do.
1. because it shortens information and you don't have to scour to  find the good stuff.
2. just cause
3. I like ranking things and organizing them into favorites

I realize I just made a list to show how I like making lists.


1. #YOLO
No just No. This is not okay!

2.#WCW or #MCM 
I get it you love your bf or gf (also never use those terms) but you don't need to use the hashtags. instead how about you text/call/tell your person you love them. 
"The best sign of a relationship is no sign of it on the internet"

3. #widn 
Remember when facebook first came out and everyone kind of went crazy
 and posted every minute of everyday on there.
 Like I don't need to know that you are in the bathroom.
what I'm doing now is telling you not to use this hashtag.

4. # OOTD 
I understand famous people use this to showcase designers but 
I just think maybe you could write it out. 
Or be original and come up with something cool.

5. # tagsforlikes, #followme, #instagood, #igers, 
please do not use these to get more followers.
Also do not use hashtags of Facebook. 
Only on Instagram and Twitter. 

Some useable hashtags, 
#hashbrownnofilter - thanks Kimmy 
#selfie -  I like selfies and see how many people you can get in
#family - they are important
#love - use this instead of wcw or mcm
#summer - please brag about summer vacations so I can live vicariously through them
#friends - they are important too, add them in
#netflix - I'm addicted =, I'll admit it. 
#food -  I'm a foodie so bring it on!

By - J 
Be safe with your hashtags!

No comments:

Post a Comment