Monday, March 9, 2015

Yoga?

I was pretty skeptical when yoga became mainstream. 
I am pretty flexible from dancing everyday, I didn't think I needed yoga for flexibility. 
Than yoga became something else. Good for your health, mind, and body? Tell me more! 
Yoga can be very intense, such as hot yoga. Yoga puts you in a position and you have to stay.... And breathe, while in tight pants! 
My sister did Jillian Michaels yoga inferno which is a mix of intense yoga and cardio. 
Definitely not for me. So my yoga avoidence grew. 
Until a couple weeks ago when I wanted to start stretching out my back because I had injured it. 
I googled back stretching and came across a video for 
backs and flexibility. 
I was hooked and discovered yoga can be hard but YouTube makes it easy, 
because you can do it in your home in baggy clothes :) 
Also I did a beginner video and it was super easy to follow along. 
And you can choose how long you want. 
Short on time? Try a 10 minute video 
Want something more give 30minutes a try. 
Always start at beginner if you have never done it! 
And there are so many options! 
Sore in an area? you can work on that. Have some tension? You can find a video for that too. 
I just did this one 10 minute Yoga
And I like the girl who does it. 
Also check for a yoga instructor the same gender as you. 
Some Yoga is not meant for women and 
some is not meant for men. 
Good Luck! 
By -J 
Did you join the Yoga bandwagon? 

No comments:

Post a Comment