Wednesday, April 15, 2015

So I Cut My Hair

Yeah not a good idea to give me scissors at night.
Or at all, really.
Well the other night I was in the mood 
for a change and my bangs needed to be trimmed.
This I do myself because 
I'm not going once a month to have 
my bangs trimmed for $20.
I got a little crazy with the split ends trimming 
and thought "why not trim a few inches"
I took five inches off.
And I'm not really good at cutting hair.
Anyway it made me think 
that I should look into tutorials on giving yourself 
a little trim between salon visits.
So here is what I found.

You have to old fashion put it in a ponytail, 
hang up-side-down and chop.
Its supposed to give you layered hair.
Be advised that it will always fall shorter than 
you think. Trust me on that one. :)


Supposedly Beyonce cuts her own hair.

Next you have the very technical way to layer
 This video is long but help full in giving a 
visual at layering.
But its not helpful for cutting yourself.
You can't see the back of your head. 

Keep looking....

This blog showed us how to 
nicely cut swoop or side bangs.
 I cut my side bangs along the line of my eyebrow.
Either way works. 

Surprising the most helpful for
 cutting your own hair came from 
WikiHow
For men and women.



So either you are Beyonce and you just know,
you have two professionals.
You cut upside down and hope for the best.
You convince a friend to let you do hers.
You just trim it slightly and
 wait for the professional
Or go for it and try it all.
Like my mom says
"It's hair, it will grow back"
Probably why I cut mine at age 4.

Here is a picture of me today.
I love my bangs.
You can't see my
 "just past the shoulder length" hair
But I like it :)
By -J
Happy Tax day!

No comments:

Post a Comment