Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Slump

I feel like I fall into a slump a lot.
Not a good thing for someone who wants to host a blog to inspire and uplift.
You see what I'm getting at right?
I need to get out of the rut, 
try something new, make a change.
The introverts are freaking out right now....
I know because I am half introvert and half extrovert.
I basically make things up to suit me. 
I am literally too cool for the English language to describe.
Maybe the French have a cool word I could borrow...
I'm getting off topic because I'm a little afraid to air my dirty laundry out for you to see. 
I don't want people to see me struggle and 
not achieve my goals.
Maybe that is the introvert side.
I don't share my goals so that when I don't get them I'm the only person disappointed.
I'm done with that. 

Back to the slump
I'm stuck in a royal rut. 
Same routine, everyday and 
I don't own enough clothing for it.
I would go shopping to help but I have a hard time finding clothes that I like and look good on me
Also I have a hard time finding money....
Someone is obviously taking it....
So my rut had me thinking, 
Whats the best way to get out of a routine than to shake it up?
Which sent me on the quest of what part of my routine I could fix or change. I can't quit my job (I love it) 
Or school (Not a big fan of this one)
Dance(I like it and the recital is coming)
Which left something I do in my personal time.
Not sleep(Basic human need)
Not IG (I have 3 accounts and I need them)
Not Pinterest(don't even think about it)
I guess that left Netflix.....
The best thing since sliced bread
I usually watch about 4hrs a day of Netflix content. 
Which even for me is way to much and I haven't had the time to read lately and I love to read. I knew my mind needed a jolt and this is where I'm starting. 

No Netflix for one week. 
It is Thursday April 2nd
so until Thursday April 9th 
I will NOT watch Netflix. 
I am using this time to blog, study, read, and sleep.
Although over spring break I kinda got caught up in this book series by my favorite author and read 3 books in 2 days.
They were only about 200 pages each but I read one on a single night. Kinda missed sleeping that night. 
  
Wish me luck!
By -J
What do you do to change up your routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment