Friday, May 1, 2015

Craft Day

I love to craft.
But I'm not crafty
There is a difference.
And don't let me anywhere near paint. 
I will paint everything, even myself.
But I had no plans yesterday afternoon 
and I decided to do some crafting.
I wanted to do those string art where 
you wrap the string around the nails and
it makes an outline of a picture. 
That didn't happen.
So I went to the dollar store because 
It's cheaper and got some ribbon, 
because I love ribbon, 
sticker, glass stuff, and random things.
Also if it is cheap I will buy it.
It's a problem I have.

Then I went to wal-mart,
I really don't like that place.
And got some more stuff. 
And they had paint on sale so I had to buy at 
least 6 bottles.
I was thinking I would try the string thing
until I got home and realized that it was
way to much work and I only had a couple hours.

So I pulled out a canvas I had, 
Only because I bought it on sale, 
and thought up an idea.
My penmanship is bad but I love those canvas art 
where the word is painted in it. 
But I had to solve the letter problem. 
So I used scrapbooking letter stickers. 
And this is what I made...

The stickers were not very sticky, 
I knew that paint would bled under but I painted it anyway.

Blue and purple are one of my favorite combinations.
Good thing I bought that paint, right?
I started the colors light and let them get darker, 
giving it an ombre type look.
Which was just adding water to the first rows and
 more paint to the later ones.
After I painted it and used my blow dryer to 
dry it up and peeled off the letters


Finished product...

I think I'll add a silhouette of a dancer on the left side 
but I love how it turned out. 

By -J 




No comments:

Post a Comment