Thursday, May 21, 2015

Injured

Yeah I tend to injury myself a lot. 
Mostly bruises that I have no idea where 
they come from. 

But my sister is a gardener and recently hurt herself, 
and because I am a know-it-all/ pursuer of knowledge. 
I gave her treatment advice. 
RICE 
Rest, Ice,  Compression, Elevation. 
Rest is always good, but ice brings down swelling, 
alternate 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. 
Compression, I don't know why it works 
but I think it just holds everything in place, 
it also reminds you to not move it. 
(turns out it also helps with swelling)
Elevation, keep it above your heart to keep 
the blood from flowing and 
it keeps swelling down. 

Now for bruising. 
My family uses arnica or traumeel. 
Do not put it on an open wound. 
it reduces swelling, bruising and pain. 
And it is a natural and organic product. 

Pulled muscles can be alleviated with stretching 
and massage. Invest in massage, trust me. 
For injuries to bones or tendons talk to a Doctor. 
But a visit to the chiropractor can be beneficial also. 

Always talk to a doctor before self diagnosing or 
taking prescribed medication. 
And don't go near WebMD.  

You can do it! 
By -J 
Look at my blog charm from Origami Owl!



No comments:

Post a Comment