Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Summer DIY

Summer is here, I can feel it!
My summer is usually laid back, 
spending time at the beach and 
working dance camps. 
But now I have a job that doesn't take off
for summer and I'm balancing 
even more on my plate. 
And the one summer class I'm taking 
started today. 
Summer isn't as fun when you are 
an adult. 

Anyway I started a new project on Saturday. 
A display for a fundraiser I organized 
and I wanted to share it with you. 

I found a fundraiser idea 
that you make envelopes labeled with $ amounts
and allow people to simply choose to donate. 
This is for my church youth group, 
so we made some envelopes. 

(unfold an envelope, trace onto a piece of 
scrapbook paper and cut out. 
Follow the same envelope folds and use either glue 
or double sided sticky tape to secure.)

I started with a small pallet that I had at my house. 
My brother cut it for me, 
my family seems to think I can't
use power tools.

Then I spray painted it. 
Which I don't have a picture of. 
I used a box and covered it in brown paper 
to put the envelopes in. 



It was extremely hard to cover it. 
I taped the two shorter ends in 
so the envelopes would fit in. 
I left a slot on the other two ends 
so the envelopes would slide in 
without opening it. 
Notice my Christmas tree ribbon goes in two directions?
Yeah, my brain doesn't see that kind of stuff until the end. 

 The final product. 

I used twine and small clothes pins 
to hold the envelopes in place. 
The display looked so nice. 
We are raising money for 
which will be used to pack shoe boxes of Christmas 
presents to children in impoverished nations. 

I liked it. 
By -J 

No comments:

Post a Comment