Wednesday, May 20, 2015

In Case of Emergency

I recently called emergency services for a car accident, 
(everyone was fine)
and I realized how much information 
they want. 
So I figured I should share what you need to know. 


In any event or accident you need to know, 
location, injuries, who is involved, 
and you need to be calm. 
Trust me.

In a car accident 
you need to know a location, 
how many people are involved, 
if anyone is bleeding or unconscious. 
It will also help if you don't move anyone
or try to provide any medical help unless
professionally trained.  

If someone passes out or is unconscious. 
It is helpful to know if they take any 
medications. 

Also save your emergency contacts in your 
phone as ICE and then the name. 
(In Case of Emergency) 
it can help emergency services locate family sooner. 

With the rise in violent attacks at schools 
it can be helpful to remember a few things. 
Stay calm, either stay where you are, 
or move quickly away. 
Do not try and engage the attacker. 
Call emergency services immediately. 

It never hurts to be first aid or CPR 
certified and many local groups like the YMCA,  
Red Cross, and community centers offer it. 
Look into it. 

Best of Luck !

By -J 

On a lighter note.
I dropped the expensive butter all over the floor...
and my feet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment